ACWAM is delighted to have one of our agents form Haiti visiting with us in Canada for two weeks. Elisee Augustin is director of one of the schools that we help sponsor in Port au Prince. Elisee has never been out of Haiti before and is “blown away” by what he sees. Always, he is taking pictures and saying “I have to show my students this”. We are keeping him quite busy visiting people and places.
- He visited Ontario Christian Gleaners inn Cambridge to see where we get the soup mix that we bring down for his school.
- we scooted across to African Lion Safari, to show him real live lions, elephants, monkeys etc. Elisee even road an elephant.
- Some of his friends from Windsor gave him a tour of the city. The Ambassador Bridge and the nearness of Detroit impressed him.
- Of course he visited Niagara Falls with his good friends Pete and Debbie McCarter who sponsored him to bring him here.
- He is visiting The Port Lambton United Church and Knox Presbyterian church inWallaceburg, both support God’s Hope school.
- He will speak at the Wallaceburg Rotary club and on U.C.B Christian Radio Station
-His tours include: Wallaceburg District Secondary School, the fire station, Sydenham Residence, Uncle Tom’s Cabin in Dresden, Fanshaw Village in London,our local soup kitchen, and our school breakfast program.
- and for fun he is learning to swim and play tennis
- We will be hosting a BBQ on Sept. 6th., 3-6 pm. to invite all the sponsors of his school and friends that he has made from past mission trips to come and visit with Elisee.
We are so pleased to have him in Canada but, we hope that we have not tired him out.
Click a picture to access Slideshow mode, to exit press Esc.